In the framework of the implementation of the «Microglia-driven pathology and altered surveillance in demyelination» Act 1156, which is part of the Action «1st INVITATION OF THE HELLENIC FOUNDATION FOR RESEARCH AND INNOVATION FOR SYPPORTING POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS», the Hellenic Pasteur Institute in Athens intends to employ a postdoctoral research associate with a fixed-term employment contract and invites people with the following qualifications to express their interest:
- Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or other related Sciences, from a Greek University or equivalent foreign.
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in a related subject.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Technical knowledge of molecular biology and cell culture (e.g. isolation of neuronal/glial cells, PCR, rtPCR, Western blot, DNA/RNA isolation).
- Experience in immunological techniques (FACS, ELISA).
- Experience in experimental models of neurodegenerative diseases (ideally in Multiple Sclerosis, EAE and Cuprizone).
- Participation in announcements and/or publications in Greek and/or international conferences and scientific journals, respectively, on a topic related to the subject of the position.
- Experience in paraffin/cryostat sections for immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
- Experience in animal handling and genotype analysis of transgenic laboratory animals.
- Experience in confocal microscopy.